LEAD MOBILE PROGRAMMER UNITY
Ocellus Games is the new game development studio from Ocellus Group. We are on the lookout for seniors developers who wants to build the next generation of games in a human sized, very independent team setup. Ocellus Games teams will decide what games to make, how to make it and when to launch it or kill it. Whatever it is on Mobile, PC or consoles.
Our awards-winning Art Services, Ocellus Services, allows our game development teams to stay small, fully independent and focus on making great games. Our game development teams will have access to the same artistic production quality as the one we provide to our partners Supercell, Epic or Square Enix to name a few.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Programmer to join our growing team at Ocellus Games. The Lead UNITY Programmer primary responsibilities will be to lead a group of talented programmers as they developed games and technology. You understand and can advise on what each member of your team does. You can jump in the code when needed. You bring your team together, acting as the go-to guy for any challenge your team could encounter.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving and sophisticated code are essential. Most of the design decisions are made as a group effort, your design ideas will be shared and heard. As a Lead Programmer you will also share your learnings with your teammates to solves problems elegantly, as a team, along the way.
Even though our first game will be mobile, in the future you should expect to work on PC/Console projects as well.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a group of talented programmers
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code when needed.
- Work with the Technical Art Director to determine tech needs for the team
- Strike a balance between supporting and mentoring team members, coding, and management tasks
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and implement solutions
- Optimize game code when needed.
- Help establish clear coding best practices and lead regular code reviews
- Collaborate with game designers and artists in a very independent team setup.
- Work with the producer to estimate and schedule tasks and milestones
- Strong knowledge on Unity
- Knowledge in C++
- Minimum 5 years of professional game development.
- Organized and a team player.
- Have shipped a game.
- Experiences with IOS and ANDROID
- Fluent written and spoken English or French.
- Experience with Xbox series, PS5 would be an asset.
- La creme de la creme - We are obsessed with excellence and seek to embody it, we never compromise on quality
- Small and bold - We believe in human size, agile and truly independent teams
- Anyone can cook - We value ideas over hierarchy. Great ideas can come from anywhere so we care about each other opinions
- Through learnings we grow - We have a constant and endless appetite for learning
- Flexible hours - Employees are given the trust, freedom, and flexibility to manage their personal and professional lives.
- Lunch coupon card - We are in France, this one is a must
- Ocellus House full access - Play rooms, Cinema room, events, masterclasses and receptions !
- Team events - Team buildings and parties !
- Remote friendly - We are flexible with your location and work balance between office and home
- You do you - Team members decide how they wish to perform their tasks and have the possibility to openly share their ideas, develop new processes, and test concepts.
- Common sense - Fewer rules and more common sense. Processes sometimes can be appropriate, but often they slow things down. Fewer rules are liberating for people and autonomy leads ultimately to better games.
- Information Belongs to Everybody - Ocellus Games Company data will be available to everyone in the whole company. The more informed we all are, the more conscious decisions we can make and the more ownership we feel towards Ocellus.